- To explain necessary disclosures about the way we use information that you share with us as Visitors, Platform Users, and End Users
- To ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do and, most importantly, do not do with that information.
- To hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
What you give your consent to:
- The transfer of your information outside of your home country.
Your Rights & the EU General Data Protection Act
We became committed to the GDPR compliance procedure when it became enforceable on May 25, 2018. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following rights concerning data for which Bixie is the Data Controller:
- The right to request access to or ask us to provide you with copies of Personal Data that we hold about you at any time, which may be subject to a fee specified by law for processing your request (but not for requesting access). If Bixie is the Data Controller concerning your data, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period, and if Bixie is the Data Processor of your data, we may redirect your request to Bixie’s customer acting as the Data Controller concerning your data. We may decline a request for access to Personal Data in the circumstances prescribed by relevant privacy laws. If we reject a request, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint;
- The right to ask us to delete any Personal Data that we hold about you free of charge unless we are required to maintain a copy of this data according to applicable law;
- Under certain circumstances, the right to demand that the processing of your data should be restricted;
- The right to obtain your personal data in a standard, structured and mechanically readable format;
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect or inaccurate Personal Data that we hold about you free of charge. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up to date. If we refuse to correct your Personal Data, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint;
- The right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data with your consent) may send you or to withdraw your prior consent or object to any further processing of your Personal Data;
- The right to request information about any automated decisions made using your Personal Data that have legal consequences for you or which significantly affect you;
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail; and
- The right to complain with your local Data Protection Authority concerning Bixie’s processing of your Personal Data.
For purposes of this policy:
“Personal Data” for non-residents of the European Economic Area means any information that can be used to identify, contact, or precisely locate a person, including name, email, address, and telephone number.
“Personal Data” for residents of the European Economic Area means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online id, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. This includes the IP address and advertising ID (IDFA/AAID).
“Non-Personal Data” means information not included in the definition of Personal Data, such as pages or ads visited, time spent on pages, browser and device type, and referring and exit pages. For non-residents of the European Economic Area, IP address and advertising IDs (IDFA/AAID) are Non-Personal Data.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or third parties.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, and email or through chat or social media.
This includes the personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive our newsletter;
- make inquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products or services;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- Leave comments or reviews on our products or services.
We have automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the Nomatic.com website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites).